- Access to Health Care Helping New Yorkers get covered
- Affordable Housing Expanding housing resources
- Economic Security Empowering New Yorkers to build a better future
- Imprisonment & Reentry Opportunities for the formerly incarcerated
- Opportunities for Youth Giving young people a second chance
- RSVP/Volunteer Mobilization Mobilizing New York's seniors
- Workforce & Poverty Putting more New Yorkers to work
- Learn About the NYC Rent Freeze Program (SCRIE)
- Join Us! Community Health Advocates Volunteer Open House
With home health care, 78-year old Carmen S. had remained independent and in her home of 50 years. When that home care was threatened, she sought help from CSS's Independent Consumer Advocacy Network (ICAN).
Former CSS social worker Harry Hopkins (1890-1943) went on to became F.D.R.’s most trusted advisor during the New Deal and World War II.
Facts & Figures
One-third of NYC's voting-age citizens lives in a low-income household. Find out about the hopes and challenges of "The Unheard Third."