- Access to Health Care Helping New Yorkers get covered
- Affordable Housing Expanding housing resources
- Disconnected Youth Giving young people a second chance
- Economic Security Empowering New Yorkers to build a better future
- Imprisonment & Reentry Opportunities for the formerly incarcerated
- Volunteer Mobilization Mobilizing New York's seniors
- Workforce & Poverty Putting more New Yorkers to work
"Many people in the community don’t know how to apply for the public benefits that they are eligible for. They feel so relieved when I can help them. That's my happiest moment!”
Former CSS social worker Harry Hopkins (1890-1943) went on to became F.D.R.’s most trusted advisor during the New Deal and World War II.
Facts & Figures
One-third of NYC's voting-age citizens lives in a low-income household. Find out about the hopes and challenges of "The Unheard Third."