- Access to Health Care Helping New Yorkers get covered
- Affordable Housing Expanding housing resources
- Disconnected Youth Giving young people a second chance
- Economic Security Empowering New Yorkers to build a better future
- Imprisonment & Reentry Opportunities for the formerly incarcerated
- Volunteer Mobilization Mobilizing New York's seniors
- Workforce & Poverty Putting more New Yorkers to work
For Deborah Williams and her clients, knowledge is key: “One woman feared that her conviction history was the end of the world, only to find out she did not actually have a rap sheet."
Since 1843, CSS has been at the forefront of innovative research, service, and advocacy to improve the lives of New York's poor.
Facts & Figures
One-third of NYC's voting-age citizens lives in a low-income household. Find out about the hopes and challenges of "The Unheard Third."