Behavioral Health Ombudsprogram
Time limited through 2023
The Community Service Society (CSS) is an independent, not-for-profit organization that has been at the forefront of public policy innovations that support low-income New Yorkers for more than 170 years. CSS runs a number of consumer health assistance programs, including: (1) a statewide Navigator Network which helps consumers find and enroll in health coverage under the Affordable Care Act; (2) Community Health Advocates (CHA) which helps people effectively use their health coverage through a live answer helpline and a network of community based organizations and small business serving groups; and (3) the Independent Consumer Advocacy Network, which helps New Yorkers access managed long term care services. These services are free. It also coordinates the Health Care for All New York Campaign, a coalition of 170 groups dedicated to securing quality, affordable coverage for all New Yorkers.
The New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services is contracting with CSS to run a statewide Behavioral Health Ombudsprogam to provide education, community outreach about health insurance program options and services and to provide health plan navigation and appeal assistance to improve access to substance use disorder and mental health care.
CSS seeks a dynamic mission-driven experienced health law attorney with expertise in behavioral health and confidentiality law to supervise the Behavioral Health Ombudsprogram.
- Manage and supervise a team of 3-4 professional helpline counselors and additional volunteers and interns to run the Ombudsprogram toll-free helpline
- Develop, lead and coordinate a statewide network of approximately 4-10 local organizations who will be providing in person assistance
- Identify systemic trends or practices that adversely affect clients and work closely with senior CSS staff and other appropriate stakeholders (e.g. carriers, state officials, providers) in designing strategic advocacy responses and issuing appropriate reports about consumers’ experiences with the behavioral health issues
- Supervise the provision of client education, navigational and appeals services provided to New Yorkers with behavioral health issues
- Conduct legal research as needed on health insurance policy, including behavioral health benefits and services offered through commercial health insurance and other health plans, and other health consumer rights and responsibilities
- Other responsibilities identified by the Vice President of Health Initiatives.
- Law degree and admission to the New York State Bar required
- Experience supervising staff that includes attorneys and project management
- Advanced knowledge of behavioral health parity, confidentiality and private insurance and private insurance laws, particularly in New York State
- Experience working with individuals with mental health and/or substance use disorder issues
- Ability to travel for work related activities
- Proficient with MS Office, Westlaw
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and keep detailed notes of all communications
- Strong communication and advocacy skills required
- Research and data base management skills preferred
- Competency in languages other than English strongly preferred
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Community Service Society of New York CHA-5
Human Resources Department
633 3rd ave, 10th floor
New York, NY 10017
Fax 212-614-5445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org