Office Assistant - OA
Office Services Department
The Community Service Society (CSS) is an independent, not-for-profit organization that has been at the forefront of public policy innovations that support low-income New Yorkers for more than 170 years. CSS Office Services department is seeking an Office Assistant to provide logistical support to all CSS departments as well as front desk coverage.
The position requires a professional demeanor in addition to a helpful attitude as the position is integral in assisting all CSS clients/visitors. Office Assistant will perform a wide variety of responsible office support and administrative functions in support of all CSS departments. The position requires proficiency in the full range of general office services and functions as well as knowledge of the services of CSS departments to better assist clients/visitors.
- Perform receptionist duties on a daily basis.
- Respond to email requests in a timely manner.
- Enter visitors and/or clients in security system.
- Data entry into INTAACT upon request.
- Assist with conference room set-up, food/beverage deliveries, and mailroom duties.
- Handle bank deposits, vehicle refueling/cleaning, and act as backup for switchboard.
- Competency in Spanish preferred
- High school diploma or associate degree.
- Experience as an office assistant or in related field.
- Ability to write clearly and help with word processing when necessary.
- Warm personality with strong communication skills.
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Great communication skills.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Community Service Society of New York
Human Resources Department
633 3rd ave, 10th floor
New York, NY 10017
Fax 212-614-5336 or email firstname.lastname@example.org