Marketing and Design Associate
Marketing and Communications
The Community Service Society, a 174-year-old organization dedicated to alleviating poverty through research, advocacy, litigation, and direct service innovation, seeks a creative, energetic self-starter to join our growing Marketing and Communications team. This position will be responsible for content design, development, planning, and production of print and online communications materials and will work with the Marketing and Communications team to support the organization’s program and campaign goals.
Works with the Director of Marketing and Design and VP of Digital Strategy to plan and develop timely, effective content to support the marketing and communications goals of the Community Service Society.
Coordinates editing, design, and production of CSS print materials, including reports, policy briefs, marketing and event collateral, annual reports, and other graphics materials
Creates compelling online content in a range of media including blog posts, e-newsletters, short videos, photo essays, website touts, and information graphics.
Assists in managing and updating organization websites.
Assists in design of new web pages and features and html email templates.
Ensures all digital and print materials reflect a consistent brand identity and editorial style. Maintains quality control of all projects through approvals, editing, proofing and the review process.
Assists in managing production schedule and budgets. Assists in the development and implementation of project management tools to traffic the department’s work.
Selects and edits photos; secures photo licenses and permissions as needed.
Manages the work of designers, photographers, printers, writers, and other freelance consultants, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- One to three years’ experience in a marketing and communications role, preferably in a nonprofit, public policy, or advocacy-oriented setting.
- Creative, strategic thinker with excellent written and visual communication skills.
- Graphic design experience. Web design, photography, and/or video production experience are also desired.
- Knowledge of social media and online marketing metrics and best practices; knowledge of print production process.
- Strong project management skills.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and attentive to quality.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in HTML, web content management systems, Adobe Creative Suite (especially Adobe InDesign), and Microsoft Office.
- Interest in poverty, inequality, social and economic justice, or the related fields of housing, employment, and health care is strongly preferred.