Digital Communications Associate
Marketing and Communications
The Community Service Society, a 174-year-old organization dedicated to alleviating poverty through research, advocacy, litigation, and direct service innovation, seeks a creative, digital media-savvy communicator to join our growing Marketing and Communications team. This position will serve as the primary content manager and curator for CSS social media channels and email marketing program.
Works with the Director of Marketing and Design and VP of Digital Strategy to identify appropriate messages and voice for CSS online communications platforms, particularly social media and email communications.
Creates and posts daily content that engages and expands our audiences and drives conversations and support around CSS research, advocacy campaigns, programs, events, and other priorities.
Creates social media plans for key advocacy campaigns, publications, and initiatives and engages supporters and coalition members in support of these priorities.
Regularly reviews analytics data, researches current trends, and proposes and executes strategies to engage CSS priority audiences through online channels.
Writes and produces regular, targeted email messages that build relationships with supporters, promote our work, and provide calls-to-action and other ways for audiences to support CSS.
Works with appropriate CSS departments to increase frequency of dissemination of our policy reports, action alerts, and program updates to appropriate segments of our email list.
Assists CSS staff spokespeople and program representatives in the use of online communications channels in support of organizational priorities.
With appropriate training, supports the department in making effective use of the technical features of social media tools and transitioning to Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- One to three years’ experience in a marketing and communications role, preferably in a nonprofit, public policy, or advocacy-oriented setting.
- Creative, strategic thinker with excellent written and visual communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of social media and online marketing metrics and best practices.
- Strong project management skills.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and attentive to quality.
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with web content management systems, constituent relationship management (CRM) systems, social media account administration, and Microsoft Office. Prior experience with Salesforce preferred but not required.
- Experience with photography and photo editing preferred but not required.
- Interest in poverty, inequality, social and economic justice, or the related fields of housing, employment, and health care is strongly preferred.